1 White onion Diced
1 Cup Carrots Diced
1 Cup Celery Diced
3 Garlic Cloves Minced
6 Cups Chicken Stock
1 14 Ounce Can Of Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Orzo
1/2 Teaspoon Thyme
1/4 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
1/4 Teaspoon Dried Rosemary
4 Cups Spinach
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add Onions and saute until soft.
2. Add carrots, celery and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock, tomatoes, orzo and seasoning.
4. Bring soup to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until orzo is al dente.
5. Stir in spinach and cook until it is bright green.
Dip Recipe adapted from The Domestic Geek.
Ingredients For Dip:
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
¼ cup red onion, finely diced
¼ cup dill pickles, finely diced
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Roughly smash chickpeas using a hand mixer
2. Add all your ingredients to the chickpeas and stir well
Ingredients for Tortilla Chips:
1 Package of 6 inch round whole wheat tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Cut tortillas into four
3. Rub Olive Oil evenly on both sides and place on a lined backing dish
4. Cook for 8 minutes or until both sides are golden brown
2 cups zucchini, shredded (about 1 large or 2 small)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup banana, mashed
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray and lightly flour. Set aside.
2.With a paper towel, lightly press down on the shredded zucchini to absorb some of the moisture. Set aside.
3.In a large bowl, using a whisk combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add the brown sugar, eggs, mashed banana, applesauce, and the vanilla. With a wooden spoon, mix ingredients together to combine. Stir in zucchini. Fold in your chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
4.Before removing the bread from the pan let it cool for at least 30 minutes; transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. If the bread is sliced before it is completely cool, it may appear underdone.