10. 1/350th of a slice of bread or 1/64 tsp of Gluten is enough to cause intestinal damage and leave you keeled over in pain.
9. Once Celiac is triggered it is a life long disease, with no known cure except for a strict Gluten Free Diet.
8. Since Celiac Disease is an Autoimmune Disease you are born with the gene. Yet no one can predict when or why it presents itself.
7. There are over 300 symptoms for Celiac Disease. Some include Severe stomach pain, Bloating, Headache, Joint pain, Dizziness, and Skin rash.
6.90% Of people who suffer from Celiac Disease are misdiagnosed.
5. 22% of people with Celiac has an immediate family member who also has it.
4. Products like Toothpaste and a variety of medications contain gluten.
3. You can test negative for Celiac Disease and still have the Disease.
2.Gluten can cause depression in people who have Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity.
1. Untreated can be life threatening, and cause a variety of other health issues. Like Multiple Sclerosis, Osteoporosis, Anemia, intestinal and gastrointestinal cancers.