1. Waist Trainers.
-All over social media specifically, celebrities are posting themselves wearing Waist Trainers. The idea is that if you wear one for a certain amount of time your body will somehow mold itself to be thinner. I have had many people (including my mother) ask if this really works. NO! Now I have never tried a waist trainer so I cannot speak from experience. But I have done my research. First things first, Spot reducing does not exist. You cannot pick one area of your body that you would like to reduce fat in, and only reduce the fat in that one area. Waist trainers only give you temporary result while you are wearing it, and for a short time after you take it off. But eventually your body will go back to it’s normal shape and size. Not to mention there are many risks associated with wearing a trainer. For example Crushed Organs, Compressed Lungs and Fractured ribs.
2. Detox Teas.
-Yet another product blasted all over social media by celebs. Drinking a cup of tea does not make you, or help you loose weight. Many of these tea contain an ingredient called Diuretics. Diuretics which are sometimes called “Water Pills” are used to treat conditions such as High Blood Pressure and Edema. Basically they make you pee…. a lot. So any weight you may end up losing is just water weight. You are not actually burning any fat, therefore the weight will just come back on.
3. Fat Burners.
-If loosing and maintaining weight was as simple as taking a pill, you wouldn’t find a single person exercising. Nor would you hear anyone go on about their new diet. This is because loosing and maintaining weight is not as simple as taking a pill. Fat Burners are designed to boost metabolism, Decrease your appetite and Increase your Energy Level. Now this can increase the number of calories your burn, which can then translate into fat loss. Fat Burners release hormones that signals the fat from the fat stores to be released to the blood stream. Once it is there, it wont just go away. Unless you do something with that energy that the pill has given you, the fat will just be stored away again. So if you are using Fat Burners along with regular exercise, then yes maybe it will work for you. (Although I DO NOT recommend taking any kind of pill or supplement). But if you are going to take it and just continue on with poor eating and minimal exercise thinking this magical pill will take away your fat for you. You are sadly mistaken.
1 Bag Shredded Cabbage
1 Cup Quinoa (Uncooked)
1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
1/2 Cucumber, Diced
6 Green Onion, Chopped
1 Carrot, Shredded
Juice from 3 Limes
1 Bunch Cilantro, Chopped
Cook Quinoa according to package directions.
Toss together all ingredients.
3 Cups Cooked Rice
12 oz Stir fry Vegetables
3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
2 Tbs Flour (I Used Gluten Free)
1 tsp Minced Garlic
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Soy Sauce
Preheat Oven to 450 Degrees Fahrenheit. Place chicken in a non stick baking dish.
Stir together 1/2 Cup water with Soy Sauce, Brown sugar, Garlic and Ginger in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Meanwhile whisk together Flour and 2 Tbs of water together until smooth. Once soy Sauce comes to a boil add the flour. Lower heat and continue to stir until sauce starts to thicken. Remove from heat.
Pour one half of the sauce over the the chicken. Place chicken in the oven.
While chicken is cooking prepare the rice and the vegetable according to the package directions.
Once chicken is cooked shred into large pieces. Mix Chicken, Rice, Vegetables and the other half of the sauce together.
3 Chicken breast, cooked and cubed
1 Tbs Dijon Mustard
2 Cups Broccoli Florets
2 Cups Grated Cheese (I used mozzarella)
1 1/2 Cups Cream
Preheat oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix together Cream and Dijon Mustard. Add Chicken and Broccoli. Season with Salt and Pepper.
Bring water to a boil and cook Pasta until cooked.
Meanwhile prepare and baking dish. Once Pasta is cooked add in the Chicken mixture.
Transfer over into the prepared baking dish. Top with Shredded Cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes.
10. 1/350th of a slice of bread or 1/64 tsp of Gluten is enough to cause intestinal damage and leave you keeled over in pain.
9. Once Celiac is triggered it is a life long disease, with no known cure except for a strict Gluten Free Diet.
8. Since Celiac Disease is an Autoimmune Disease you are born with the gene. Yet no one can predict when or why it presents itself.
7. There are over 300 symptoms for Celiac Disease. Some include Severe stomach pain, Bloating, Headache, Joint pain, Dizziness, and Skin rash.
6.90% Of people who suffer from Celiac Disease are misdiagnosed.
5. 22% of people with Celiac has an immediate family member who also has it.
4. Products like Toothpaste and a variety of medications contain gluten.
3. You can test negative for Celiac Disease and still have the Disease.
2.Gluten can cause depression in people who have Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity.
1. Untreated can be life threatening, and cause a variety of other health issues. Like Multiple Sclerosis, Osteoporosis, Anemia, intestinal and gastrointestinal cancers.
Just recently I found out I can no longer eat gluten. These are my 5 most annoying problems since going Gluten free.
6. When people just assume if you consume gluten all you will get is a tummy ache.
5. Constantly having to read food labels or Google to see if what you are about to eat is actually Gluten free.
4. Accidentally cross contaminating your food with your families food.
3. Just wishing you could eat “normal” again.
2. “I am so glad I’m not Gluten free. There is no way I could ever do that!”
1. Learning how to cook all over again!
1 Medium Spaghetti Squash
16 Ounces Cremini Mushrooms Sliced
3 Cups Chopped Spinach
1 Head Broccoli Florets
1 Spanish Onion Sliced
1 tsp Minced Garlic
Line Baking sheet with Parchment paper. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Halve Squash and remove seeds. Drizzle with Olive Oil. Place Squash cut side up on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Or until tender.
In a large pan heat Olive Oil. Add Onion and garlic. Saute until onion becomes soft. Add Mushrooms and continue to saute until mushrooms are golden brown. Stir in Broccoli. Allow to cook until Broccoli turns bright green. Stir in Chopped Spinach. Once spinach starts to wilt remove from heat.
Shred squash. Add Squash to sauteed vegetables.